What elements of the card should be checked during the transaction?
During the transaction, it is necessary to check: the expiry date of the card, the conformity of the signature on the card with the signature of the card holder on the confirmation (if the card is for signature), signs of possible violation. The recommendations may not apply to microprocessor cards operated with a chip reader and contactless cards.
What does the "Call COA" message appearing on the terminal mean?
If a message is displayed on the terminal during a transaction: "Call COA", it means that the transaction requires a voice authorization from the card issuer's bank. Therefore, you should contact the Merchant Service Centre at tel. (17) 859 69 69. The bank will ask the customer to provide personal data that will enable the customer to be identified. The bank may provide the following answers:
- Accept to carry out the transaction (an employee of the Merchant Service Centre will provide the authorisation code, which should be entered manually on the terminal).
- Refusal to carry out the transaction (means that the client's bank does not agree to carry out the transaction).
- Request to stop the card.
What is a POS ID number?
The POS ID number (also called TID) is a unique identification number assigned to a specific terminal, which can be found on each printout from the terminal (in the top left-hand corner at the point address). Giving this number every time you contact the COA shortens and simplifies the process of the application.
What kind of paper should I buy to get the correct quality of transaction confirmation prints?
A thermo-sensitive (thermal) paper is required.
- For Ingenico terminals - roll dimensions: width 57 mm, length 15 meters,
- For Verifone terminals, model Vx 510 - roll dimensions: width 57mm, length 30 meters,
- For Verifone terminals, model Vx 670 - roller dimensions: width 57mm, length 15 meters.
Where can I buy paper for the terminal?
Thermal paper for the terminal can be purchased in most paper shops and office supplies. PeP does not deliver paper to Merchants.
Terminal did not print the closing of the day? How do I get a copy?
Simply select the "Copy" button from the start screen. If the terminal has automatically closed the day, then a copy of the Close of Day will be printed.
Is it necessary for the terminal to print the Close of Day Report even if there was no sale?
Yes, it is necessary and it is not possible to disable this option. This is a confirmation for the merchant that all transactions from the terminal have been settled and that the terminal is ready for operation.